Thursday, October 25, 2007

New Feature - Mad Scientist Profile

Ok there's something you should know about me. I have a thing for mad scientist characters. No, not a sexual thing, (get your mind out of the gutter you pervert), but I've always wanted to be one of those wacky guys with white crazy hair that walks around spouting crazytalk and building strange contraptions that make a simple task waaaay too complicated. You know, like the Visual Effects industry! (oooooh burn...)

So yeah, I'm going to profile some of my favorite mad scientist characters from different movies, games, and comics, and I'm starting with this guy:



This is the crazy bugger that started it all for me when I was a kid. He had the best toy ever, and it was called the "Mad Scientist Monster Lab." And it was called that for good reason. You build a skeleton out of different parts that snapped together, then you covered it with some nasty green shit that felt like sand that was blended in with play-dough. You had horns, eyeballs, all kinds of stuff.

But that's not the good part. The best part was when you get to dip your monster in a vat of acid and watch the flesh sizzle off the bone. That was it, I was hooked right there.

You could make all kinds of creatures, then skin them, then dissolve them into a vat of goo. What else does a young impressionable mind need?


There are two good write-ups about this toy:
Here
And Here

No comments: