Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Sketch Comic - OnTheRun!


onTheRun-1
Originally uploaded by drOffset
First issue of On the Run! This is a sketch comic, an exercise I've created to cut down on self-censorship and just draw.

I wanted to do as much as possible with just a pencil and a sheet of paper. My focus is on narrative, trying to use the techniques found in Scott McCloud's book "Making Comics" By forcing myself into these limitations I can improve on my storytelling skills and quick sketch technique...hopefully. It's also a quick project you can do in a day. Try it!

*************
Instructions
*************
Print, cut out, and assemble according to this video tutorial:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xh1W15BWCUk

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. Should there be more polish or less?

No comments: