Thursday, July 31, 2008

onTheRun - Issue 2 !


onTheRun-2
Originally uploaded by drOffset
This is actually pretty fun, it could become a habit. I don't see myself keeping a daily posting schedule, but three issues a week might be doable.

Second issue of On the Run! This is a sketch comic, an exercise I've created to cut down on self-censorship and just draw.

I wanted to do as much as possible with just a pencil and a sheet of paper. My focus is on narrative, trying to use the techniques found in Scott McCloud's book "Making Comics" By forcing myself into these limitations I can improve on my storytelling skills and quick sketch technique...hopefully. It's also a quick project you can do in a day. Try it!

*************
Instructions
*************
Print, cut out, and assemble according to this video tutorial:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xh1W15BWCUk


Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments: